TAKE A CLIMATE CHALLENGE WITH YOUR CLASS TOO!
We challenge you and your class to get active!
Start a challenge with you class – and invite your friends and family to take part by sending them a postcard!
- You find all the climate challenges and postcards here.
- Postcards can be ordered here, as long as available: http://www.hotstuffclimatenet.org/contact/
- You can upload a picture with your class and a cardboard with your challenge here: https://www.facebook.com/hotstuffclimatenet
STEPS TO START A CHALLENGE
1. Make groups and look at your life
Have a look at your nutrition, mobility, housing, electronic devices, clothes, waste and so on …
- Where do you produce CO2?
- How could you do certain things more climate friendly?
- Collect ideas: What would you do to emit less CO2 during a defined time?
2. Present the ideas in the class and discuss which challenge you want to realize
The teacher should support the class to find a good challenge – take time to discuss with the class, this negociation is an important part:
- Can you realise it?
- Is the time defined?
- Is it not too easy, will you be proud about it?
- How big is the impact? Can you change something to make the impact higher?
- Who can imagine to take part?
- Those who can’t imagine: What would need to be changed, so you would be ready to take part?
- Is it attractive? If not – how can it be made more attractive?
Adapt the challenge, till you it is a motivating challenge, in which all wan’t to take part.
Examples of challenges: Our class reduces CO2 emissions by …
- eating vegetarian in school 3 days a week
- using textile bags instead of plastic bags during 2 weeks
- planting herbs, trees or vegetables in our school during 1 day
- realising a clothes, book or game swap in our school day x
- inviting for a solar cooked snack at our school day x
- organising a climate friendly excursion with your class for day x
3. Define what you do to celebrate and if you don‘ succeed.
For more information: Please contact us